Front-End Web Developer
Type of work:¬†Freelance
Date Posted:¬†March 7th, 2014
Conscious Alliance is a national nonprofit organization committed to supporting communities in crisis through hunger relief and youth empowerment. Since 2002, the Boulder, Colorado based 501(c)(3) has provided over 1.7 million meals to communities across the United States.
Operating through ongoing, grassroots food collection‚Äîprimarily at concerts and music festivals‚Äîdonations to Conscious Alliance benefit food pantries nationwide and economically isolated Native American reservations.
Conscious Alliance raises awareness of the extreme poverty on many of these reservations, which are among the nation‚Äôs poorest communities, and provides opportunities for Native American youth to explore their creativity and develop strong ties to their culture.
Conscious Alliance is looking for a Front-End Web Developer to donate their time and expertise to assist with website maintenance and ongoing updates. The organization‚Äôs website (consciousalliance.org) runs on WordPress. The website includes a blog, custom online store, and an extensive event archive.
Conscious Alliance will request a scope-of-work document that will clearly outline services included in this partnership, as well as rates for projects beyond the basic agreement. The ideal candidate will have an interest in Conscious Alliance‚Äôs hunger relief and youth empowerment efforts.
- Work directly with the Executive Director and Conscious Alliance staff to maintain the website
- Install WordPress updates
- Fix bugs and complete small edits requested by the organization
- Work with the organization‚Äôs branding agency (Anthem Branding) to develop new website graphics
- Maintain the website‚Äôs domain registration, hosting server, security certificates, etc.
- Provide consultation regarding website updates and upgrades
- Highly proficient with WordPress CMS
- Highly proficient with PHP and mySQL
- Knowledge of best practices for SEO
- Experience working with ecommerce/online stores
- Knowledge of best practices for UI/UX
- Professional demeanor and responsible work ethic
- Highly organized
How to apply:
To apply, please send an email to¬†firstname.lastname@example.org
¬†with the subject "Your Name - Conscious Alliance‚Äù.
Please include the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio or website link
- Links to at least three (3) websites you have developed
Due to the high volume of emails we receive, not all applicants will receive a response.