A Letter From the Executive Director
I am happy to report to you that 2011 has been another outstanding year for Conscious Alliance. We have dramatically increased services delivered in the field while maintaining control over administrative costs. The primary management team of Justin Levy and Jenny Mueller has excelled in streamlining the efficiency of the organization without sacrificing the heart Conscious Alliance is known for.
Our major strategic accomplishments included:
– Increasing the value of services delivered directly to the field by 93% to $482,000.
– Decreasing our administrative and fundraising ratios from 22% in 2010 to under 15% in 2011.
Among our activity highlights:
– A record-breaking food drive at Winter Carnival with the String Cheese Incident 25,000 pounds of food and $25,000 raised.
– 97,800 pounds of food collected at food drives throughout the year.
– Hired our first Native American field director, Krystal Twobulls.
– The Academy of Country Music sponsored drum-making clinics on Pine Ridge Reservation.
– The first Coming of Age Gathering at Bear Butte for native youth.
– The recording project with Urban Method and native youth in Denver.
– Our first farm-to-table “Art That Feeds” fundraiser.
– 2nd Annual Buffalo Heart Concert with Elephant Revival.
– Launch of the ‘Art That Feeds’ clothing line.
As always, an entire network of people deserve our thanks, from our active Board of Directors, to our very engaged Advisory Board, to countless individuals that bring their creative energy to support our efforts. I would like to especially welcome Krystal Twobulls to the team. She is a very welcome addition to provide us deeper insight into the programs that will be most meaningful for native youth.
We plan to increase the momentum the organization built in 2011 over the next year, providing more emergency food relief and expanding our focus to include additional projects on the reservations, particularly youth-oriented programs. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to a successful 2012.
Robert R. Titley
For our full 2011 Annual Report please click here:
Other Recent Blog Posts
Dear Friends, I write today grateful for the progress we have made and humbled by the road that is ahead of us. I am proud of our bold actions to nourish people in need and empower youth. Yet, our work isn’t done; 1 in 8 individuals in the US face hunger, including 13.1 million children! […]READ MORE »
Marisa is called to pursue art that benefits the world and she has generously created six posters for Conscious Alliance, as well as our 2016 holiday card. “My primary motivation as a human and an artist is to be of benefit in some way in the world. Art can certainly be a form of service, […]READ MORE »
We kicked off 2017 with couple trips up to the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. In January our staff and a volunteer delivered pallets of food from our natural food sponsors to supply the ongoing ‘Bring Nutrition Home’ Backpack Program at Isna Wica Owayawa (Loneman Elementary School). This program provides every student with a bag full of […]READ MORE »
Please join us June 29th for an intimate evening as founding member and keyboardist Joel Cummins of Umphrey's McGee will perform at Arcana Restaurant in Boulder Colorado to help provide meals to communities in need nationwide! Tickets go on sale now!READ MORE »
Looking for the perfect holiday gift? Check out this Conscious Alliance staff-picked guide for unique and creative presents for everyone on your list! The artists and organizations featured in this guide are the driving force behind what we do and we are incredibly proud to have such dedicated and inspiring supporters! Stronghold Society – Live Life Hoodie Proceeds […]READ MORE »