A Letter From the Executive Director
I am happy to report to you that 2011 has been another outstanding year for Conscious Alliance. We have dramatically increased services delivered in the field while maintaining control over administrative costs. The primary management team of Justin Levy and Jenny Mueller has excelled in streamlining the efficiency of the organization without sacrificing the heart Conscious Alliance is known for.
Our major strategic accomplishments included:
– Increasing the value of services delivered directly to the field by 93% to $482,000.
– Decreasing our administrative and fundraising ratios from 22% in 2010 to under 15% in 2011.
Among our activity highlights:
– A record-breaking food drive at Winter Carnival with the String Cheese Incident 25,000 pounds of food and $25,000 raised.
– 97,800 pounds of food collected at food drives throughout the year.
– Hired our first Native American field director, Krystal Twobulls.
– The Academy of Country Music sponsored drum-making clinics on Pine Ridge Reservation.
– The first Coming of Age Gathering at Bear Butte for native youth.
– The recording project with Urban Method and native youth in Denver.
– Our first farm-to-table “Art That Feeds” fundraiser.
– 2nd Annual Buffalo Heart Concert with Elephant Revival.
– Launch of the ‘Art That Feeds’ clothing line.
As always, an entire network of people deserve our thanks, from our active Board of Directors, to our very engaged Advisory Board, to countless individuals that bring their creative energy to support our efforts. I would like to especially welcome Krystal Twobulls to the team. She is a very welcome addition to provide us deeper insight into the programs that will be most meaningful for native youth.
We plan to increase the momentum the organization built in 2011 over the next year, providing more emergency food relief and expanding our focus to include additional projects on the reservations, particularly youth-oriented programs. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to a successful 2012.
Robert R. Titley
For our full 2011 Annual Report please click here:
Other Recent Blog Posts
This year’s Top 5 Young Professionals and Fan Favorite have been named Denver – The 2016 GenXYZ ColoradoBiz Magazine celebration, now in its 7th year, recognized 25 outstanding young professionals for their excellence in business on Sept. 29. Mayor Michael Hancock addressed the event, which drew more than 200 people, and Denver Channel 7News Reporter & Producer Eric Lupher acted […]READ MORE »
Conscious Alliance Presents: 3RD ANNUAL ‘ART THAT FEEDS’ HARVEST CELEBRATION Featuring intimate musical and food performances Hosted by award winning chef Hosea Rosenberg of Musical entertainment by PATTERSON HOOD & MIKE COOLEY of Drive-By Truckers appearing as THE DIMMER TWINS Guests Will Enjoy: Small plates prepared by some of Boulder’s finest chefs and restaurants An open bar including craft beer, wine, […]READ MORE »
Come enjoy a private event benefitting Conscious Alliance at the MacMillan Estate featuring live music by Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe and Friends plus special guests Ivan Neville & Jennifer Hartswick, dinner, open bar including beer wine and spirits, an exclusive silent auction and more. DATE & TIME: July 24, 2016 // 4PM- DARK LOCATION: MacMillan Estate, 989 East […]READ MORE »
Conscious Alliance feeds, educates and empowers By Mariah Taylor – June 16, 2016 Conscious Alliance has a simple slogan: “Art that Feeds.” With the help of bands, music venues and concertgoers, the Boulder-based nonprofit provides hunger relief and youth empowerment to communities short of resources. It’s what Executive Director Justin Levy explains as “an opportunity to give […]READ MORE »